Detailed Rules on Punishments for Disciplinary Violations by
International Students of Taiyuan Normal University
Chapter I General Principle
Clause 1 To ensure a peaceful teaching and living environments within the university and to safeguard the physical and psychological health of the international students, these detailed rules are stipulated in accordance with the Regulations of Student Administration in General Institutions of Higher Learning in China and the Code of Conduct of Higher School Students in China as well as the relevant regulations on student management of Taiyuan Normal University and, in combination of the reality of international students of our university.
Clause 2 Students who breach the codes and regulations will receive penalty or disciplinary sanction. The sanctions include Oral Warning, Written Warning, Deferred Suspension and Expulsion.
1. Oral Warning: When a student violate regulations which results in slight or acceptable damage or effect on others or property of the university, they will receive an oral warning for their violation that they should not do it again and should try their best to eliminate the cause of damage or effect.
2. Written Warning: If a student violates regulations or laws of the country which results in serious damage or effect to others or property of the university, they will receive a written warning for the violation that they should not do it again and should try their best to eliminate the damage or effect.
3. Deferred Suspension: If a student violates regulations or laws of the country which results in severe damage or effect to others or property of the university, they will receive a deferred suspension. The expulsion will automatically be enforced for any subsequent violation of the regulations of the university or laws of the country.
4. Expulsion: The students are permanently deprived of their opportunity to study at the university in any status. The entire tuition fees will not be refunded, but the prepaid accommodation fees could be refunded according to the period they have lived.
Clause 3 The University will issue penalty to students by adequate proof according to the damage or effect of their improper behaviors.
Chapter II Punishments
Clause 1 International students, who breach the constitution of China or disturb the teaching and social orders, will receive Deferred Suspension if they have made light damage or effect and could correct their behaviors. Those who persist their actions will be expelled from the university.
Clause 2 International students who breach the laws or codes of China by participating in illegal parade, gathering or pretest, will receive a Deferred Suspension; and those who initiate the illegal activities would be given the punishment of Expulsion.
Clause 3 International students who taking part in violent or heresy movements will receive Deferred Suspension and the organizers of the movements will be expulsed.
Clause 4 International students stealing or swindling money or properties of the country, a certain collective unit or a person will be fined RMB 1,000 yuan except for returning or compensating the money of properties. They will additionally receive the following sanctions depending on the cases.
1. A written warning for stealing or swindling money or properties worthy of RMB 500 yuan or fewer amount.
2. A deferred suspension or expulsion for stealing or swindling money or properties worthy of over RMB 500 yuan.
Clause 5 On Gambling or Bibulosity.
1. International students who take part in gambling shall receive Oral Warning, Written Warning, Deferred Suspension or Expulsion depending on the seriousness and frequencies of their case.
2. International students who cause troubles after drinking, threaten or endanger others, or disturb public order will receive Written Warning, Deferred Suspension or Expulsion depending on the seriousness of the cause after canceling their qualifications of scholarships and fulfilling the responsibility of civil or/and criminal penalties.
Clause 6 Students who are absent in class without proper excuses will receive the following sanctions.
1. Written Warning for absence of 10-19 hours without proper excuses for one semester.
2. Deferred Suspension for absence of 20-29 hours without proper excuses for one semester.
3. Expulsion for absence of 30-39 hours without proper excuses for one semester.
Clause 7 The disciplinary measures of Oral Warning, Written Warning and Deferred Suspension should be approved by the Department of International Cooperation and Exchanges. The disciplinary measures of Deferred Suspension or Expulsion from the University should be approved by the Vice President of Taiyuan Normal University and be recorded by the police department.
Clause 8. The Detailed Rules are mutually complementary to other regulations of Taiyuan Normal University.
Clause 9. These rules will be effective from the date of issue, and the Department of International Cooperation and Exchanges takes responsibility for the interpretation of the detailed rules.